How Much Should You Pay For Healthcare Local SEO and PPC Services?
Healthcare Local SEO and PPC Pricing
Many healthcare professionals and practices interested in local SEO usually ask, “how much does healthcare local SEO cost?” and “how much is healthcare PPC?” Before providing an estimate for your specific practice, you need to first ask: What is the potential value of healthcare SEO to your practice? What can PPC really do to bring more patients in the door? What goes into healthcare marketing to make it a success?
Costs for Healthcare Local SEO
Working with DAGMAR, the costs for healthcare local SEO campaigns range between $1,500 to $2,300 per month per location. The factors that go into this pricing can include the following:
- Citations: In order to create an effective healthcare SEO strategy, you want your healthcare practice to appear on the top online directories—and this goes for each of your physical locations as well. Each location costs an additional $50 and $150 to monitor and manage citations on a monthly basis.
- Local links: You need relevant and authoritative links back to your website to improve the online ranking of your practice. Building these links correctly takes a significant amount of time and will cost between $500 and $1,500 per month to manage.
Locations: Calculating spend for each of your locations isn’t as simple as multiplying by the number of locations you have. However, you can get a close estimate by taking into account the multiple recurring costs. It’s safe to budget roughly $750 to $1,500 per month per location.
How healthcare local SEO gets done
Local SEO shares many of the same benefits as organic SEO, but with an added advantage. With healthcare local SEO, you can focus your strategy on targeting the consumers located in or around the same city, neighborhood, or county as your practice. This helps increase the chances of prospective customers visiting your site before your competitors.
So what goes into building an effective healthcare local SEO campaign? Below are some best practices we like to follow to generate the best results for our clients:
Citations and links
A complicated but necessary task for a successful healthcare local SEO campaign is ensuring your site is ranked highly by Google and other search engines. This requires regular, ongoing work. Search engines scan the entire web for citations to your practice and pick up signals such as your practice’s name, address, and phone number as they appear throughout the web. Search engines also look at links that direct back to your site and determine the level of authority and relevance. Your site will benefit from links that receive a high-quality score. In return, it’s crucial to allocate a significant amount of your budget toward link building.
Your healthcare practice locations
When it comes to the local SEO process, you should treat each of your individual locations as separate entities. This includes having consistent citations, personalized content, and specific web pages for each respected location. Managing your location independently will increase the performance of your healthcare local SEO campaigns.
Your healthcare practice services
Similar to your individual locations, each service your healthcare practice offers should be treated as a separate entity and receive individual attention within the marketing strategy.
For example, if your healthcare practice offers in-home nursing services, physical therapy, or home health aides, keywords for each of these service areas should be well researched to understand which keywords people are searching for and which keywords to avoid. Once we understand the keywords we want to rank for, we then use these keywords throughout your content and in the technical SEO on your site.
Focusing on your competition’s marketing strategies is another important element of a successful healthcare local SEO campaign. The more local competitors that are utilizing healthcare local SEO, the more effort will be required in order for you to gain an edge over them. Creating relevant content with authoritative links is a great first step, but it’s only half the battle. You will also need to update that content on a semi-regular basis in order to stay ahead of the competition.
The current state of your healthcare local SEO
If your healthcare practice is new to the world of local SEO, you might feel like you are behind. The truth is that we have worked with many different healthcare clients in various stages of local SEO.
Here’s how the current state of your healthcare practice can determine which service(s) are needed for effective healthcare local SEO:
- If you have a well-established business but your website lacks quality SEO tactics, a significant amount of time may be necessary to build positive rankings.
- If you’ve had a website for your healthcare practice for some time but haven’t yet invested in SEO, then you may need to commit to several months to build up local rankings that will bring new customers in the door.
- If you are just starting out with a brand-new healthcare practice, then it will take time to build a solid local online presence to match your local competition.
The costs of pay-per-click advertising for your healthcare practice.
There are many variables that can determine the cost of healthcare PPC, which include the following:
- How much other local healthcare practices are paying for their ads
- What keywords your competitors are bidding for, and how much
- Your bidding strategy and healthcare marketing goals
- The degree of relevancy your ads have on your target audience
- How much you’re willing to spend per day on your ad campaigns
If you’d like to know more about the costs associated with healthcare PPC as well as our management fees, get in touch with us today for a free consultation.
So, what should you spend on healthcare local SEO and PPC?
It’s all about finding the sweet spot for your healthcare practice. You can run successful marketing campaigns without breaking the bank, but underspending in the wrong areas could significantly hurt your results. On the other hand, contributing an excessive amount of your budget will be wasteful.
A well-planned and executed strategy that is properly budgeted is the best way to elevate your healthcare practice to the next level. At DAGMAR, we specialize in working with healthcare practices to do just that. Our highly talented and experienced team of SEO specialists can help strategize and craft a healthcare local SEO strategy that helps your practice grow in ways you never thought possible.