How Much Should You Pay for HVAC Local SEO and PPC?
Local SEO and PPC Pricing for Heating & Air Conditioning Companies
Before you ask “how much does HVAC local SEO cost?” or “how much is HVAC PPC?”, you should first ask “what’s the potential value of local SEO to your HVAC company? What can PPC really do to increase sales? What goes into HVAC digital marketing? Answering these questions will allow you to determine the right HVAC marketing strategy for your business and the right budget.
Costs for HVAC local SEO.
How much does local SEO cost for HVAC companies? At Dagmar, the costs for HVAC local SEO range between $1,500 to $2,300 a month per physical location. This pricing depends on several factors, which include:
- Citations: Ensuring your HVAC business locations appear in the top online directories is an essential—and often overlooked—piece of any effective local SEO strategy. Monitoring and managing these citations can cost between $50 and $150 each month.
- Local links: Developing links that direct visitors back to your website is crucial for improving your company’s online rankings. Building these links can be a time-intensive process and may require a budget of $500 to $1,500 a month or more to see desired results from your HVAC local SEO campaigns.
- Locations: Although budgeting for multiple locations isn’t as simple as multiplying by the number of physical locations you have, there are several basic recurring costs to keep in mind. Plan to budget approximately $750 to $1,500 for each location each month.
Factors that affect HVAC local SEO pricing.
In addition to the majority of tactics that come with organic SEO, local SEO allows you to ensure your targeting is focused on the location of your business. Consumers who are looking for HVAC companies in their city or neighborhood are more likely to come across your site before your competitor’s.
There are many elements that go into ensuring that your HVAC company appears in local search results and reaching your HVAC local SEO goals. Some are straightforward “quick wins”; others require more time, effort, and strategic planning in order to positively impact your campaign results.
Here’s a high-level view of what goes into HVAC local SEO and its costs:
Citations and links
Websites that are well ranked on Google typically perform well with local SEO campaigns. In order to ensure your HVAC company’s website is well ranked, we verify that all mentions—or “citations”—of your business name, address, and phone number are consistent across every page on your website. Search engines reward consistency, which yields a positive performance in your HVAC local SEO campaigns.
Authoritative links that direct back to your HVAC company’s website is another element that is well-ranked by Google. It’s important to ensure these links are increasing the authority of your website and benefiting your HVAC business as a whole.
Building links or link development requires a great deal of time and effort to ensure results of your HVAC local SEO campaign. Therefore, link development accounts for a sizable portion of your budget.
The number of locations your HVAC company has.
Many clients assume they can use the same citations for different locations. The truth is each individual location should be treated as its own entity with its own set of content and citations mentioned consistently across the web. Managing each location as a separate entity is a great way to boost the performance of your HVAC local SEO campaign.
Your product and service offerings.
In order for an HVAC SEO campaign to perform well, we need to take a deep dive into keyword selection. We research the keywords that your target audiences are searching for, and strategically add them to your content and in our technical SEO on your website.
If your company offers a list of specific services, such as HVAC installation, air duct cleaning, free energy consultations, or simple diagnostics and maintenance, we identify the target keywords associated with each service. The more services your HVAC company offers, the more campaigns you must create, manage, and monitor to successfully reach new customers.
As you’re well aware, you’re probably not the only HVAC company in your area. The more companies you compete against, the more of your budget you’ll need to allocate to local SEO. It’s important to update relevant content on a monthly basis and add authoritative links from other websites to separate your company from the competition.
The current state of your HVAC company’s local SEO.
Each of our HVAC clients comes to us with different marketing needs. Here’s how your business’ status can affect how much you’ll pay for HVAC local SEO:
- If you have a well-established site that just needs to be optimized with higher-quality SEO tactics, then we will spend a significant amount of time boosting your site’s rankings.
- If your website is outdated without any SEO tactics, it will take several months of work to achieve higher rankings that will bring you new customers.
- If you recently established a new HVAC business, then we will spend the most time building a solid local online presence before your site is ready to take on the local competition.
The costs of pay-per-click advertising for HVAC.
It’s difficult to simply estimate what an HVAC PPC campaign will cost. You need to look into every aspect of your HVAC company and account for the various factors that go into creating each campaign. To give you an idea, here are just some of the components that need to be determined:
- How much are other local HVAC companies paying for their ads and how are they bidding on the most desired keywords?
- What are your goals for your campaigns and what is your bidding strategy?
- Are your ads relevant to your target audience?
- How much are you willing to spend per day on each of your ad campaigns?
If you’d like to know more about what HVAC PPC will cost, or our PPC management fees, reach out for a free consultation.
So, how much should you spend on your HVAC company’s local SEO and PPC campaigns?
You can’t expect big things to happen when you contribute a small budget to your digital marketing strategies, especially in a competitive location. On the other hand, a well-thought-out, carefully-constructed campaign doesn’t have to break the bank.For a better understanding of what a solid HVAC local SEO campaign will cost your company, we recommend speaking with several local SEO and PPC providers with experience in the HVAC industry. Be sure to ask how they charge for their services and ask for case studies of what they’ve done for other HVAC companies. If their assistance is going to be worth your investment, then they shouldn’t have any problem sharing their previous work.