How Much Should You Pay for Local SEO and PPC For Your Jacksonville Business?
Local SEO Pricing and PPC Pricing
We run a business ourselves, of course, so we know how important it is to get answers to questions about costs. The first questions we often hear from prospective clients who are looking for a Jacksonville digital marketing agency are “How much does local SEO cost?” or “How much is PPC?” but there’s no quick, simple answer. We first need to help business owners consider the potential value of local SEO and PPC to their companies and understand just what goes into digital marketing strategies like these.
Local SEO costs.
At Dagmar, most local SEO packages and campaigns come in between $1,500 to $2,300 a month for a single physical/brick-and-mortar location. To get to a final number, several variables have to be taken into account. These include:
- Citations: Having your Jacksonville business cited in the most important online directories is a foundational part of a successful local SEO strategy. Citations for each of your locations will need to be managed and monitored, and each may cost from $50 to $150 in time every month.
- Links: Links from authoritative and relevant sites back to your company are important for getting good rankings. Sourcing the best local links for your Jacksonville company takes a great deal of time, but that time pays off. You may need a budget in the range of $500 to $1,500 each month for link development.
- Locations: For our clients with more than one location, there are some efficiencies to be had, but the cost of local SEO isn’t actually multiplied by the number of locations your company has. We will be glad to talk through the price of local SEO for your multi-location business. In the meantime, you can plan on approximately $750 to $,1500 per location per month.
How we do local SEO for your Jacksonville company.
Local SEO and national or organic SEO have a lot in common, but local SEO goes further and includes proven strategies and tactics that increase the chances that prospective customers in your geographic area see you high in their search results.
Every month, we complete a list of tasks that influence when and where your Jacksonville business shows up in search results. This includes on-site and off-site optimization work to help reach your goals. Certain tasks are quickly completed, while others may be more complex and need to be developed over time or repeated at frequent intervals.
Here’s a general overview of important influences on local SEO costs:
Citations and links
Rankings depend on signals that Google sees as it scans the web. Examples of these signals are links that come back to your site from authoritative sources and accurate, consistent citations of your Jacksonville business across the internet.
Citations must be precisely the same wherever they appear—your company’s name, address, and phone number must be consistent. Search engines see that consistency as signals of the legitimacy of your business online.
Search engines also look for and assess the quality of links back to your site when determining rankings. A link from a site considered authoritative, popular, and relevant to your type of business is a high-value link that, in turn, increases the relevancy and authority of your site.
Jacksonville internet marketing agencies that provide local SEO must put many hours into finding and developing these valuable links, which aren’t easy to get. We continue to seek these links over time due to their potential contribution to your local SEO success.
The number of locations you have.
As far as search engines are concerned (and customers as well in many instances), every one of your locations is a separate business online. Each of your locations should have the full local SEO treatment: consistent citations, its own original content, its own page on your website, and more. Managing your locations in this way is one of the factors that make local SEO so powerful for bringing you new customers.
How many services you offer.
Everything we do involves keyword research. We must find the keywords that your target audience uses to find Jacksonville businesses like yours and use those keywords in our technical optimization of your site and all through your content. If you happen to have a company that offers many distinct services or products, we will need to target multiple keywords for every one of those separately. And, if you have multiple locations, keywords related to your cities or neighborhoods must be researched and used as well. Taken altogether, that means that more campaigns must be developed, managed, monitored and adjusted to keep improving your results and getting in front of the customers you need in each service and geographic area.
The more direct competitors you have in your local area, the greater the budget you will need for successful local SEO results. Fresh, relevant content must be created every month and more links back to your site from the right websites must be developed in order for your website to rise to the top.
The current state of your local SEO
Every one of our Jacksonville local SEO clients came to Dagmar with their local SEO in various conditions. Here’s how that matters:
- If your Jacksonville company is well established, but your website has been subjected to low-quality local SEO tactics, a good many hours may need to be spent eradicating barriers to good rankings.
- If you have had a website for a long time but haven’t invested in local SEO, you will have some degree of advantage but we will still need to do months of work to achieve the level of rankings that can attract new local customers to your business.
- If you have a brand-new company, it will simply take time to create a solid foundation and build your local online presence on that foundation. You will see a few early gains, but your local competition plays a role. If competitors have long-established, well-running local SEO, it will take time to get to (and beyond) their level of rankings.
The costs of pay-per-click for your Jacksonville company
All types of paid search involve a long list of variables. Here are some of the influences on the cost of Google Ads and other paid ads for your business:
- How much your direct competitors are willing to spend for the most desirable and valuable keywords, which will be the same ones you will want to target.
- The goals that have been set for your PPC campaigns and your particular bidding strategy.
- How relevant your paid ads are to your defined target audience.
- How much you are willing or able to spend each day on each PPC campaign.
If you’d like to get a better idea of what PPC can cost and our associated PPC management fees, please get in touch for a free consultation.
So, how much should your business spend on local SEO and PPC?
A budget of a few hundred dollars a month will get you some small returns in the short term. On the other side of the coin, however, you need not spend six figures a month unless you have the number of physical locations that merit that.
We recommend that you talk to a number of digital marketing agencies experienced in providing PPC and local SEO to get a better idea of how much digital marketing costs for your unique business. Find out how they charge for their services and request case studies or results information to find out how their campaigns have performed for companies like yours.