Data providers for the new iPhone mapping software
Apple released it’s new iOS this week. One of the largest buzz was around the ditching of Googles Maps for Apples own version. This will be significant for local businesses as you will want to make sure your local business data has a chance to be pulled up when someone uses the search function. Below is a laundry list of the data providers that supply data to Apple Maps as reported by Businesswire. I notice a few of the large data providers so there is a good chance that if you are “in the system” now then you are good. I suspect the business listing data is being sourced by Localeze, Acxiom and Yelp. Although I would suspect Yelp is being used more for reviews as they are not a large data wholesaler.
Here they are:
- CoreLogic Inc.
- MapData Sciences Pty LTD. Inc.
- MDA Information Systems
- Urban Mapping
- Department of Nautral Resources Canada
- CGIAR Consortium for Spatial Information
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Geological Survey
- National Geospatial-intelligence Agency
Latest posts by Chris Gregory (see all)
- 2019 SEO Predictions to Help You Spend Your Marketing Money Wisely - December 14, 2018
- Law Firm SEO Guide 2018: Ultimate Search Engine Optimization Blueprint for Attorneys - September 4, 2018
- How to Choose the Best Local SEO Company (and 8 Other Local Search Questions) - July 9, 2018