Apple released it’s new iOS this week. One of the largest buzz was around the ditching of Googles Maps for Apples own version. This will be significant for local businesses as you will want to make sure your local business data has a chance to be pulled up when someone uses the search function. Below is a laundry list of the data providers that supply data to Apple Maps as reported by Businesswire. I notice a few of the large data providers so there is a good chance that if you are “in the system” now then you are good. I suspect the business listing data is being sourced by Localeze, Acxiom and Yelp. Although I would suspect Yelp is being used more for reviews as they are not a large data wholesaler.
Here they are:
- CoreLogic Inc.
- MapData Sciences Pty LTD. Inc.
- MDA Information Systems
- Urban Mapping
- Department of Nautral Resources Canada
- CGIAR Consortium for Spatial Information
- U.S. Census Bureau
- U.S. Geological Survey
- National Geospatial-intelligence Agency
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/companies-apple-gets-ios-map-data-from-2012-6#ixzz1xlP0ufJb
Latest posts by Chris Gregory (see all)
- Maximizing Your Reach: A Guide to Creating Plastic Surgery Ads that Convert - February 23, 2023
- 30 Important SEO Statistics (2023) - April 15, 2022
- Link Building for Law Firms and Attorneys - December 20, 2021
Leave a Reply