Law Firm Marketing Statistics
Law firm marketing should be on your radar if you’ve just started a private practice or want to attract more clients to your established firm. At the same time, you may be hesitant about getting started because you’re unsure if this investment will be worthwhile.
About Law Firm Marketing
Lawyer marketing is a broad subject, and it includes several activities you can implement to attract clients to your firm.
We can assure you that lawyer marketing has been an effective lead generation method for many law firms. Let’s look at some helpful insights and statistics.
Why is legal marketing important?
Marketing is the most effective way to attract clients to your law firm. By using appropriate marketing strategies, someone who needs your services will be more likely to find your office.
Do lawyers need marketing?
Almost all law firms benefit from marketing, especially firms with competitive specialties, like personal injury. A combination of an intuitive website, good content, and a solid SEO strategy can work wonders for your online visibility.
How much should law firms spend on marketing?
The money you spend on marketing like pay-per-click (PPC) can lead to excellent returns. But how much should you spend? Businesses that wish to stay competitive have a monthly advertising budget, and here’s what the budget looks like for most law firms like yours:
- Small firms spend between $1,000 and $10,000 on PPC each month (WordStream)
- Large companies can expect to pay anywhere from $10,000 per month to upwards of $50,000 per month (CostOwl.com)
- Legal marketing budgets tend to run between 2% and 15% of revenue (Lawyer Monthly)
Benefits of Law Firm Marketing
With the right approach, marketing will help you boost your reputation, improve your position in search rankings, and attract potential clients to your website:
- The top four search positions get the majority of clicks (SEO Inc.)
- One-third of people who hire attorneys begin searching online (Wise Media)
- 75% of marketers report that their campaigns directly impact revenue (HubSpot)
As you can see, the decision to implement law firm marketing can only increase leads and introduce your firm to a larger audience. Also, if you would like to remain competitive online, law firm marketing is the best way to secure top placements in search engines.
Website and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Law Firms
SEO is a core part of marketing for lawyers. Let’s consider the reasons why it should be a key focus for busy law firms like yours.
What Is Law Firm SEO?
Law firm SEO helps ensure that people searching for your legal services will find your website in Google search results. SEO helps Google recognize that your web pages are relevant for specific keywords.
Is law firm SEO effective?
These stats prove how effective SEO can potentially be for your law firm:
- Organic search brings 69% of internet traffic (Milestone Internet)
- Organic search leads to 66% of call conversion (On The Map)
- Legal firms average 4% conversions for organic search vs. 2.4% for other channels (Ruler Analytics)
Paid Advertising for Attorneys
What is pay-per-click (PPC) advertising for law firms?
Pay-per-click advertising is a form of internet marketing in which businesses pay to have their advertisements featured prominently, such as with Google Ads. With PPC, you’re charged each time a prospect clicks on an ad.
How effective is PPC for attorneys?
Paid search ads can help lawyers increase traffic to their law practice websites and convert new clients quickly:
- PPC attracts low-funnel clients searching for specific legal services (Rocket Level)
- More than one-half of all website traffic comes from paid search (Wise Media)
- 89% of paid traffic would not have occurred with organic search (Think With Google)
- People are 52% more likely to click on paid ads at the top of search results (Justia)
Finding a Law Firm Marketing Agency
If you’re new to marketing, it can be challenging to grasp on your own. Rather than trying to figure it out by yourself, it’s worth investing in services from an experienced law marketing firm.
What should I know before hiring a law firm marketing agency?
Before you hire a law firm marketing agency, it’s important to determine how much experience the agency has with attorneys and their firms. After all, you’ll get better results if you work with professionals who understand your business and what it takes to attract clients. It’s also important to understand your goals, marketing budget, and how involved you want to be in the marketing of your firm.
Hiring a marketing agency can be an ideal choice if you want to achieve growth and increased brand awareness in this very competitive industry. Remember that larger law firms usually have internal marketing departments. This creates a competitive gap that small- to medium-sized firms can close by outsourcing marketing to an agency that specializes in growth marketing for attorneys.