Webmaster Tools meets Analytics
In a recent post from Google’s Webmaster blog it now appears that we should start seeing webmaster tools information within Google Analytics. This is a nice feature as I constantly trolled between the two for information panels. Analytics will now feature 3 reports based on webmaster information:
- Queries: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily queries
- Landing Pages: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily landing pages
- Geographical Summary: impressions, clicks, and CTR by country
However, to start seeing this set of merged data you will need to link your webmaster account with your analytics account. Here is the link to Googles help article on how to do this but all you need to know is below:
- On the Webmaster Tools home page, click Manage site next to the site you want, and then click Google Analytics property.
- Select the web property you want to associate with the site, and then click Save.
Latest posts by Chris Gregory (see all)
- 2019 SEO Predictions to Help You Spend Your Marketing Money Wisely - December 14, 2018
- Law Firm SEO Guide 2018: Ultimate Search Engine Optimization Blueprint for Attorneys - September 4, 2018
- How to Choose the Best Local SEO Company (and 8 Other Local Search Questions) - July 9, 2018