In a recent post from Google’s Webmaster blog it now appears that we should start seeing webmaster tools information within Google Analytics. This is a nice feature as I constantly trolled between the two for information panels. Analytics will now feature 3 reports based on webmaster information:
- Queries: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily queries
- Landing Pages: impressions, clicks, position, and CTR info for the top 1,000 daily landing pages
- Geographical Summary: impressions, clicks, and CTR by country
However, to start seeing this set of merged data you will need to link your webmaster account with your analytics account. Here is the link to Googles help article on how to do this but all you need to know is below:
- On the Webmaster Tools home page, click Manage site next to the site you want, and then click Google Analytics property.
- Select the web property you want to associate with the site, and then click Save.
Latest posts by Chris Gregory (see all)
- Google’s October 2023 Core Algorithm Update: What You Should Know - October 25, 2023
- Dagmar Marketing Ranks No. 4217 on the 2023 Inc. 5000 - August 25, 2023
- How to Track Forms in Google Analytics 4 Using Google Tag Manager - April 14, 2023