Navigating the world of Local Services Ads can be intimidating at first. Whether your area is congested with competitors or rural in nature with a small population and an even smaller list of local businesses, each environment comes with its own unique advertising challenges.
With proper LSA management, your business can provide Local Services Ads at the right place and time, so you can dominate the results section. Continue reading our Google Guarantee guide to Local Services Ads and learn how.
What are Local Services Ads?
Local Services Ads, or LSAs, can be defined as pay-per-lead advertisements from local businesses that appear at the top of Google’s search results page. As “Near Me” searches continue to increase, deploying strategies like LSA marketing can make your business easily discoverable to potential new customers and others that may be interested in your products or services.
Benefits of Local Services Ads
The more visible you are online, the better. With Local Services Ads, your business can appear above the Local 3-Pack section of Google search results and even in Google Maps. The space at the top of both of these areas is reserved exclusively for advertisements. These ads are typically the first listings users come in contact with during their online search.
In addition to offering greater online visibility, below are several other benefits Google Local Services Ads can offer businesses:
- More foot traffic – 72 percent of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
- A higher clickthrough rate – 46 percent of clicks go to the top three paid ads in search results.
- Nurtures leads until they convert – LSAs will continuously be displayed in Maps and search engines. 3 out of 4 shoppers seeking local information in search results are more likely to visit brick and mortar stores in the area.
- Influences customer decision-making – 80 percent of consumers make their purchasing decisions based on what they’ve discovered during online searches.
- More low-cost leads – $6-$30 is the average cost-per-lead for Google Local Services Ads. Now you can rely on an affordable lead generation strategy and generate more leads.
What is the Google Guarantee Program?
Nowadays, it’s all about building trust and finding unique ways to stand out from your competitors in search engines. The Google Guarantee is one of the best ways for your Local Services Ads to stand out from the rest, emphasize the quality of your business, and there’s no better way to achieve this than by also receiving a stamp of approval from Google itself.
Upon acceptance, a green Google Guaranteed checkmark will appear next to all of your Local Services Ads. A badge will also be placed on your Google My Business profile. But being backed by the Google Guarantee is way more than a badge of honor. For unsatisfied customers in the United States that discovered your business through Local Services Ads, the program offers a lifetime warranty that can reimburse the customer with up to $2,000.
How to Become Google Guaranteed
If you’d like to get Google Guaranteed, below are a few of the tasks that you will be expected to complete:
Optimize Your Google My Business Profile
If your business already has a Google My Business profile, it is important to make sure all of the information listed on it is 100 percent accurate and you have provided all of your professional license and registration details.
If your business has yet to create a Google My Business profile, you can click here to get started.
Generate Positive Google Reviews
59 percent of consumers rely on the reviews posted in reviews sections on Google. They are a trusted source to potential customers and Google also considers them to determine your ad score, also known as an Ad Rank, for your business.
The quality of reviews your business has generated over time can impact the ranking of your Local Services Ads and your ability to either be approved or denied from the Google Guaranteed program.
*Please note that your business must have at least one review before it can go live on Google Search.
Pass the Verification Test
Lastly, one of the most important parts to accessing the Google Guarantee experience is you must pass its extensive screening and verification process. This process is free of charge and in order to become Google Guaranteed, businesses located in the United States and Canada must undergo a background check. After you’ve agreed to the terms, Google’s background check partners will conduct a thorough background check which may include business registration checks, insurance checks, and license checks.
Once you’ve passed the verification test, your business will be accepted into the Google Guaranteed program and you can start reaching people with your Google Guaranteed ads. The amount of time this can take may vary. This is due in part to the required background check, which can take weeks, or even months to complete.
Please note that there are two different ways for a business to verify their reputation, getting Google Screened or receiving the Google Guarantee. While both will require extensive background and license checks, it’s important to remember that the Google Guarantee program is the only one that is officially recognized by Google.
LSA Management 101
Ranking high in search results is one of the first steps to increasing the visibility of your business in our highly-competitive digital landscape. Once you’ve made it to the top, below are a few important things you should consider that can help your business better maintain its position:
Consider Local Services Ads Ranking Factors
Google has around seven LSA ranking factors. Similar to Google Ads, these components will be considered to provide you with an Ad Rank, or a rating system that measures the quality of content and the overall user experience. This rating will be calculated based on the following factors:
- The amount of reviews your business has received and the star rating (0.0 – 5.0 stars).
- The proximity of your business to potential consumers during their search.
- The search query’s relationship and or relevance to your business.
- The level of responsiveness your business has demonstrated overall.
- The business hours listed (You have a better chance of ranking higher during searches performed when your business is open).
- The amount of complaints received about your business (if applicable).
- The amount you are paying per lead – the higher the amount, the greater your chances of appearing higher in results.
How to Identify Valid and Invalid Leads
With Local Services Ads, valid leads are easy to identify. They are identified once a customer in the United States:
- Reaches out to your business via text message or email
- Leaves a message on your voicemail
- Speaks with you on the phone directly
- Calls and does not leave a voice message, but you return their call and speak with them or leave a message
- Proceeds to submit a booking request
On the other hand, an invalid lead can be anything from a solicitation call, down to spam, or even if the services required were not available at your establishment. In the instance where your business comes across a lead that fits these qualifications, Google will allow you to file a dispute.
Filing a Dispute for an Invalid Lead
You’ve evaluated all of your leads and discovered that one or more may qualify as an invalid lead. If you are a business located in either the United States or Canada, below is more information on how you can dispute it:
- Visit the Lead page and click the three dots icon on the menu.
- Select the “Dispute” option.
- Identify your reason for disputing the lead.
- Add notes in the Your Notes section, if applicable.
You will only have 30 days to dispute an invalid lead from the moment it was received. Google will then start reviewing your phone calls and investigating the situation.
Get LSA Management Support
Need assistance with your Local Services Ads? Dagmar Marketing can help. Whether you are new to Local Services Ads or simply don’t have the time to manage it all on your own, the experts at our award-winning marketing agency in Jacksonville, Florida, can:
- Assist you in setting up Google Local Services Ads (LSAs)
- Audit your LSAs to identify any issues
- Optimize your existing LSA profile
- Assist with disputing leads
- Work with you to define a sustainable bid strategy
- Review reporting with you each month
- And more
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Google Local Service Ads
Interested in learning more about how we can help you manage your Google guarantee local service ads?Contact us to set up a consultation
Latest posts by Caressa Losier (see all)
- Local Services Ads vs. Pay-Per-Click - November 17, 2021
- Core Web Vitals for Attorneys - November 16, 2021
- Pinpointing Google’s Local Services Ads Ranking Factors - November 9, 2021